The Inner Range Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Inner Range Pty Ltd (the data controller) and its related companies (collectively referred to as "we", "us" and "Inner Range”) protect the privacy of your (the subject) personal information under the National Privacy Principles and GDPR regulations. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us:
- When applying for admission into one or more of our training courses.
- When seeking approval for inclusion as an Approved Technician for the purposes of gaining access to restricted sections of the Inner Range web site.
- When registering End User and installation company details in line with Inner Range Software EULA policies. Refer to: Integriti EULA | Insight EULA
- Under any other agreement or arrangement with Inner Range Pty. Ltd. Including Software Assurance Agreements.
- This Privacy Statement will also apply to any information about you that is provided to us by someone else such as a distributor of Inner Range product.
- Inner Range does not manage personal data as a core activity, but only as an enabling tool for the products and services it provides.
- In most cases data is kept indefinitely, but you may request data to be removed, if there is no longer any legitimate interest to retain it.
Types of information we collect
Inner Range collects some limited personal information for legitimate purposes including servicing our customers’ needs, and where required by law.
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. In jurisdictions in which we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of "sensitive information" we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which you have provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement, unless you tell us otherwise.
We collect only the following personal information
- Your name.
- Contact information including e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and physical addresses for the purpose of contacting you.
- Logon details for any Inner Range services you subscribe to.
- The Installation company or end user organisation you are contacting us on behalf of.
- If you are an installer, your certifications and their expiries.
- A history of your interactions with Inner Range.
- In some cases, your account number with Inner Range or our distributors.
How we collect information.
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send as correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our web site, complete an online product registration, contact us via an online form , request a web account online or when you have contact with us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For Example :
- From people making enquiries or purchases on your behalf including our distributors.
How we use your personal information.
We collect your personal information for the following legitimate purposes :
- To facilitate your participation in training and certification programmes, and maintain a register of certified installers.
- To identify installers and end users entitled to Inner Range technical support and to download software and information from restricted areas of Inner Range web site.
- To keep you up to date with product training and technical support information.
- To keep you up to date with changes to services or the launch of new services that may be relevant to your business.
- To ensure Inner Range software users are identified inline with software EULA policies. Refer to: Integriti EULA | Insight EULA
- To conduct marketing activities, deliver product promotions and to conduct market research.
Some of the information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using our products or services. In the case of enrollment into our Nationally Accredited Training Courses, accurate identification of participants is mandatory to help prevent academic fraud.
We do not collect or store personal information that is not required for our legitimate interests, or data that is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, contractors to whom we contract out certain services. In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security and customs purposes.
Your information may also be shared between related companies in the Inner Range group, where necessary, to fulfil our purposes.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
We will not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to mass marketing companies.
Access to and correction of information we hold about you
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the National Privacy Principles or other legislation or regulation.
We have in place systems and procedures to facilitate access to all information we hold about you on request. For information which we collected prior to 1st January 2011 or information that has been deleted from our databases we may not be able to provide you with access to this information where to do so would be impossible or would place an unreasonable administrative burden on us or cause us unreasonable expense.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date and minimal whenever we collect or use it.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Resolving your concerns.
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach or your privacy or have any query on how your personal information is collected or used, please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
If you wish to have a copy of your personal information in a machine-readable form please indicate this in your e-mail.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, and there is no longer a legitimate purpose to keeping it, please contact us via the email address below, describing the circumstances.
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU
Further information on the GDPR can be found here: GDPR
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on www.innerrange.com, so please visit this site periodically to ensure that you have our most current Privacy Statement.
Our contact details - all enquiries
Inner Range Data Privacy Contacts